Saturday, July 17, 2010

Week 2: Counting Points on the Road

What an exciting week! I got to go to Chicago for a training class, and had the chance to meet some of my new coworkers. I can't wait for them to see me at the big meeting in the end of March looking many pounds lighter!

I remember now how hard it can be to eat healthy when you're on the road. I started each morning off with an English muffin with margarine and jam, yogurt, and eggs. Lunch was a Chicken Cashew salad one day, a Potbelly's TKY sandwich and Baked Lays one day, and 3/4 of a personal Margherita pizza the third day. Dinner was my big downfall. The first night, I had a Chicken Enchilada stack (OMG), the second night was 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza from Giordano's, and the third night was a sinfully amazing Italian dinner made of gnocchi, mascarpone cream sauce, basil, dried apricots, some kind of nuts, and parmesan cheese on top. I will say that I only ate until I was full every night, and I was amazed that the gnocchi dish filled me up quickly even though I only ate a few of them. I was proud of myself for ignoring the bread. (I did have some of the Caprese salad, though, which was tomato, mozzarella and basil.) So, it wasn't perfect. But you know what? It was better than my normal track record where I stuff myself and regret it later!

I didn't get any exercise in last week except for the walk back to the hotel from Giordano's. That was about 3/4 of a mile, so I guess it was better than nothing. I was disappointed in myself for not exercising more, though, because I had plenty of opportunities. This week I have 2 sessions set up with Maddie (Monday and Wednesday at 5:30) so there's 2 hours of exercise right there. I'm aiming for one more cardio session at the gym past that. I'm also going to see if there's a class at the gym that looks interesting. I really enjoyed that Kickboxing class, so maybe I'll try that.

I'm struggling with eating all of my points. I get 38, which is an obscene number of points. Even if I split that up into 5 meals, it's 7 or 8 points each. It's a lot of points. But I need to figure out how to get them all in! I have a great opportunity this week, because Brad's going to be gone from Monday-Thursday. I can spend some time working on recipes and eating right and focusing on things the way I want to. It'll be awesome. AND the best part is that he's actually been supportive of this effort this time. He's asking what I want to eat, and how certain foods will fit into my diet. I have explained that it's not a diet this time, and that's making a difference for me. Approaching it this way is really so much better. I know if I really want something, I can eat it--but I have to cut back elsewhere.

So, knowing that I was on the road and then had pizza for dinner on Friday night, my weigh-in this week wasn't awesome. I gained .8 of a pound. HOWEVER, I'm not beating myself up over it, because I know I had a rough week. I'll get rid of it this week, and start heading in the right direction! I'm still motivated, and I'm still confident that I'm going to get this weight off this time. Bring on the GM conference!! :)

All in all, it's been a good week. I've been very conscious of what I've eaten. I stayed away from all of the sugary breakfast foods I usually go to when I'm in a hotel. I ate like a normal person and didn't spend the entire week overeating. I didn't eat candy all day long in class. I had a lot of victories this week, even if they're not reflected in the scale. Hopefully next week I'll start to see some improvement in that area, too!

Here's to a great week 3!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment