Thursday, August 12, 2010

Catching Up

B and I went to New Orleans last weekend so I didn't blog like I normally do. You and I have talked all throughout the week about how we're feeling on this journey, but I think some of it bears repeating, if for no other reason than so that I can come back months down the road and read this. (Some of these aren't things we've talked about but I am writing them down too!)
  • I cannot--CANNOT--push grocery shopping trips past the point of having food in the house. When B and I got home from NOLA, we didn't have much food here, and there was certainly nothing healthy here. So that meant that all day Monday I ate garbage. I felt terrible. We went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner and I had the Ruby Minis because I thought I wanted a burger. Yeah...not so much. They tasted like grease and bread. Gross. I grocery shopped first thing Tuesday morning and am back on track. Lesson learned.
  • Wednesday morning's workout was really hard. I upped the weights on my bicep curls (20 lbs, thank you very much) and increased the height on the step I use for step-up exercises. I worked out too hard, and felt ill all day. I'm looking into heart rate monitors, thanks to your advice.
  • Fruits and vegetables are your friends. Really.
  • It is possible to work out when you're on vacation. (And if the hotel doesn't have a gym, find another hotel.)

I'm so excited about this week's weigh-in, mostly because I know I gained weight while B and I were gone, and I'm pleased that I (think, anyway) got rid of it. I'm hoping to even have lost a little bit more. Getting to my first 10-lb goal is taking forever, but I'll get there eventually. I just have to remember that I didn't put this all on in a week, and it's not all going to come off in a week, either.

Can't wait to hear how your week went!

x0~m

No comments:

Post a Comment