Saturday, August 7, 2010

Where have the weeks gone??

Just caught up on your last three weeks! I'm so proud of you Megan, you are really making a difference - not just physically but mentally. Each time I read your posts, it gives me the extra umph I need to kick it back in gear.

Just got back from taking Bay for a walk. She sure does love those! And I do too, although it's hot as HELL out there right now and the suns not even out.

Last week I was on the road for a full week. And the scale showed it when I returned. I actually think the last two days of my trip are what did it to me. The first few days I was actually really good with what I ate, and hell - I even worked out two days! The last two nights on the road I ate like hell at night. But I'm back home and trying to get those wheels spinning agin. Step one - the gym. Although I'm not that thrilled with the facility itself, I've decided I'm going to make the most of it. I'm scheduled to meet with a PT on Monday (although I might change the day / time because I want to do water aerobics). H2O Aerobics is only three days a week; M, W and F. Wednesday is already out for me as it falls right at the same time (9 AM) as our Leadership meeting. My goal is five days at the gym this week. Two miles on the treadmill and at least 15 min on the eliptical machine. Is that too ambitious? I look at it this way, last year when I lost the weight I was walking 2-3 miles a day at least 5 times a week. It's time to take it to the next level.

Speaking of next level, I understand with the points. For the most part I stay within my points range. But the types of foods I'm eatting are not what's going to help me get where I want to be. I'm so close to being in a weight zone I haven't been since oh.... maybe my first year of college or before? I think I'm mentally blocking myself. I'm not really sure what's going on, but it's time to get to the bottom of it.

So your note on the fruits - not filling you. I would suggest switching it up. If the apple isn't doing it for you - try something else until you find what does fill you! For me, blueberrys actually do just that! Oh and watermelon. If I don't like it, I'm not going to eat it - and I'm also mentally telling myself that same thing... :) My ONE piece of advice for you is just that! And buy small quantities till you find what works for you. Another good way to get it in is through fruit smoothies. I LOVE the yoplait ones. AND you get a serving of dairy in at the same time. All you need is a blender! :)

Anyway, that's it for me. I will be better at posting at least one time per week! Until then.... Keep it healthy!

XO ~ D

No comments:

Post a Comment