Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend NSVs

I'm so excited! I went to DC this weekend to take my final exam for Marketing (only ONE MORE SEMESTER left!!!). Traveling is hard, as you well know. Friday night I decided to stop at Don Pablo's for dinner, which is the restaurant where B and I had dinner the night we got married. I was all set to have a fattening, cheesy, fried dinner...until I saw "Mama's Skinny Enchiladas" on the menu. They were 10 points--and wonderful. Then on Saturday, I had an Egg McMuffin for breakfast with the Apple Dippers (but no caramel), a salad for lunch, and the Weight Management grilled chicken, which was actually pretty good. I did eat a piece of carrot cake, but I enjoyed every second of it. Then Sunday I had a low-fat omelet (10 points again) and when I got home, we had PF Changs for dinner. All things considered, I had an AWESOME food weekend when I think about it. I'm so proud of myself! Today wasn't as good--B and I had Mexican again and a chimichanga won out, but it's okay. I ate pretty well the rest of the day, so I'm not too upset about it.

I'm really excited about the changes I'm making. Healthy food is starting to taste better to me, and I'm really enjoying the workouts. In fact, I worked out without Maddie today and got 45 minutes of cardio in before I called it quits.

I had my blood work done today to see how my vitamin B12 and D levels are, and to see how well the hypothyroidism is reacting to the medicine. I'm looking forward to getting the results back in the next couple of days.

How are you feeling? I am feeling like you and I are ON FIRE these days. I am so proud of you for going to the gym last week when you didn't want to. Dad once told me it's easy to go to the gym on the days you want to go, but the true test is if you go when you don't want to. I feel like you and I are passing that test with flying colors. We are going to rock the GM conference in March!!!

xo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment